Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What day is it?

I'm a little tired and trying to adjust to the time difference. I think it's Saturday, the 13th.

I flew from Portland to Tokyo to Hong Kong. Then, Megan sent a car for me to the Hong Kong airport from Shenzen. It was so great to see her last night. When I opened the door to the hotel and saw Megan, she was more beautiful then ever. Sometimes it's difficult to comprehend how lucky I am to be with her.

At the Tokyo airport, I found an oxygen bar. I've heard of these, but I've never seen one before. I took a couple pictures of the sign and a few people getting oxygenated, too.

During my first morning, Saturday, Megan and I walked around Shenzen. I've already seen many things I wish freinds and family could have experienced with me. I saw a gigantic Chinese Warcraft sign, and I thought of Matt, Greg, and the Voodoo Posse from CMD. I've seen some really cool bicycles that are only held together by ingenuity and more welds than steel. These made me think of Kenny and Ryan. This morning, I also saw tiny little gadgets I think were phones, .mp3 players, and/or cameras that reminded me of my brother. Speaking of Andrew, I wish I had some hand sanitizer right about now. More than once, I've seen the love of a mother for her child that reminds me of my sister.

Happy Birthday Jennifer!!!

No comments: